Saturday, December 20, 2008

a little introduction...

So, this is my first blog. Ever. If you couldn't already tell, I've made it because I'm going to Senegal for 5 months and I think it is a really good way to keep anyone who is interested in my trip up to date on all of the fabulous adventures I'll be having :). If noone decides to read it, at least I'll have a good way to document my trip. I already posted some of the Senegalese rap I found on youTube. I've been trying to buff up on my Senegalese culture, plus I heard there is some really good music coming out of the country right now. This stuff might not be for everyone, but it reminds me a lot of the music from Jamaica that I really like. I expect to be posting photos as I go along if I can figure this thing out. I'll try not to inundate everyone with a million shots of nothing.
So I pretty much have everything I need to go, waiting for my new camera and merrell's to come in the mail. Started packing, but of course that is overwhelming. I leave on Friday (Dec. 26th) so it is coming up really fast. I'm nervous and excited...mostly wondering if I'll have everything I need. But I'll survive. Keep your eyes open for my first post once I get there sometime next week, and I promise to give a detailed account of my New Year's Eve ;)

peace. J

2 comments:

  1. Good luck with this Jess. I'll keep an eye out and see how things go.
    Uncle Richard

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are excited to see your blog. First time I have visited such a website. you seem to have everything under control. Should be a wonderful adventure and we will be watching for updates. Have a great time and learning experience.
    Nana & Gramps

    ReplyDelete